Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Henry's Baby Dedication

Last Sunday, Henry was dedicated in Michael's family church. It was such a sweet day for all of us. The family church is in the small town where Michael's dad, Clyde, grew up and was (literally) hand built and founded by his father. Uncle Gene, Michael's uncle, is now the pastor of the church. He did a beautiful job of dedicating Henry to the Lord. (By the way, Uncle Gene also married us). I know I've seen a number of baby dedications, baptisms, christenings and while I always think they are sweet, I guess I'd really never thought about the absolute meaning...until it was my son. It was the most wonderful feeling of awe to have my child dedicated to his Father. It was truly a beautiful time as a parent.


Of course, with my mother-in-law and ALL of Michael's aunts around...there is always a celebration with more food than anyone knows what to do with! We were so happy to have so many of our close friends and family to share in the special day with us! THANK YOU!! Here are a few pictures from the special day!

Auntie Diane helping to put on Henry's gown

Uncle Gene, Momma, snoozing Henry and Daddy

Thanks, y'all, for sharing this day with us and blessing our sweet baby boy!

1 comment: